Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"That was a good story"

A very sweet lady in our church just lost her husband to cancer on Thursday. His funeral was yesterday and the older kids were asked to sing for the funeral. It was right after school so I brought some clothes for the kids to change into. The kids did good singing. Joseph and Abby were pills. Joseph fell asleep on the way there and Abby had just woken up from her nap. So, I spent most of the time in the hallway and came in to lead the songs while my niece watched them in the hall. I didn't know that they wanted me to be the chorister until I got there and my name was in the program. Oops I guess she forgot to ask me but I didn't mind. It was just hard because Ammon wasn't there to help with the kids. The body was cremated and put in an urn and Jacob thought it was a donation bin and almost put a dollar in it. Luckily my SIL saw what was happening and prevented a disaster in the making! I was busy with Joseph and Abby and didn't know what was going on. Oh, and after they showed a video of pictures from his life set to music, Joseph said, "That was a good story!" LOL it was eventful.

No comments: