Saturday, December 12, 2009
School Christmas Program Shenanigans
Last night Alexis had a Christmas program at her school. Each class learned different songs for it. They have cookies and apple juice. And everyone is jam packed into their very small gym. Well, Ammon had another thing for church last night, an overnighter. So, I took the kids by myself. Abby was a nightmare. She kept wanting to run around and if she didn't get what she wanted she let out her bloodcurdling death scream. This also happened when I attempted to take pictures/video. Abby seemed to think if I wasn't either A. taking a picture of her or B. letting her take a picture; that it was a complete injustice to the world. Also she seemed to think the cookies were discus' and threw them, crumbled them, and made a mess. Joseph also messed his pants and I didn't have anywhere I could change him. So he stunk. Also, he, being Mr. Friendly, decided to torment the man sitting next to us. Joseph rubbed his back, played with his hair and talked to him about his beard, rubbed his beard. I was mortified, but just kept smiling and trying to be patient. The people sitting around us were very nice and helped me keep Abby corralled. The lady in front of us told me how cute Joseph was being. So, at least no one gave me the evil eye for dealing with my two hooligans. Jacob was an angel and a good helper. Alexis's class sang "I want a Hippopotamas for Christmas." They each held little cards in front of them and then at the chorus they turned them around and the cards said, "Wow a Hippo!" Well, everyone laughed when they did it the first time and it threw them off. So then Alexis was hiding behind her card because she was embarrassed that they were singing wrong. It was really cute anyways. I let Jacob and Alexis stay up and watch some movies. Luckily, they crashed ten minutes into the second movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment