A new decade begins...
We had a lovely, if a bit unusual Christmas. We hung paper snowflakes and made a paper tree. We also decorated with ornaments that were meant for a real tree, hanging them from knobs and such. Santa came early with the missionaries delivering the gifts for him. We waited until Christmas to open them. He also gave us a turkey that was too big for my oven. We traded it with Grandma Donna's leftover cooked turkey when we visited the weekend before Christmas. I was also able to get the kids some extra presents because of the generosity of my mom. The kids had fun and that is what matters. Besides, Christmas is really about Christ and living our lives in accordance to his teaching and example. Not anywhere does he mention the need for material goods.
I ended up winning the People's Choice Award and $100 for the essay I wrote, so thanks if you voted.
New Year's Eve was spent here in the RV. Abby made it until 11 pm and Jacob and Alexis fell asleep at about 1 am. Joseph outlasted them all until 2 am. We had the pull-type noise makers and the kids had fun popping them. They played games and we had a Harry Potter movie marathon.
We've had a full year now of living in the RV and by the grace of God. He has truely sustained us. Everytime I have had a desire, I only had to mention it and He provided. I expressed a desire for more vegetables for my kids diet and the next day boxes and bagfuls of vegetables were given to us, and not by anyone I mentioned it to. That along with several other instances this year has proven to me that He does care and will provide for us, all He asks is that we provide the faith and good works.
Jacob was in the hospital overnight a week before Christmas. He was having all the signs of appendicitis. Luckily, it was not so, just some illness that didn't need antibiotics. Thank you for the prayers that were uttered on his behalf.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment